Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Book #1 - City of Suspects



Technically, this is book 3 but I'll do them out of order.

The first thing I have to say is this book has two of the best final sentences of any I've read. It's a really good read, not overly long, a mere 224 pages.

I stumbled on it by accident while looking for another book set in Portland, Oregon.

This book is a story about a female P.I. Named Jane Lanier who on a rainy night in Portland goes to her office to meet a client and finds a dead body. She makes it her mission to find out just why this man who she didn't know was killed in her office and why he wanted to meet with her.
The story is filled with references about Portland and little neighborhoods that I've been in, and a great deal of it is set in the Old Town/Chinatown area where I work.

It's the first book by the author Katy King, but it definitely left me hungry for more.

I'd give it 4 of 5 stars, and I'm planning on adding it to my collection so I can read it again at whim.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home