Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Christmas Meme

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? I like both, but I'm always glad when it's egg nog season. Though I miss having real egg nog from a dairy. Like I had in Colorado
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Wrap them usually. I'm a gift bag sort of person on other occasions, but during the holidays, it's more economical to wrap.
3. Colored lights or white on tree/house? I've never had lights on the house, we never did that as a child. I always want to put them up now that I own my home. I just have never gotten around to it. Now that we're practically the only house in the neighborhood that doesn't have lights, I might put them up next year.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? Nope
5. When do you put your decorations up? Usually, the tree goes up the day after Thanksgiving. I've always had an artifical tree and don't see a reason to change.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Probably my mom's scalloped potatoes, or my special cranberry relish.
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? Getting my first bike
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I don't remember, but I'm sure I told my sister.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Not normally.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? Lots of lights and lots of ornaments.
11. Snow, love it or dread it? I like it in concept, I wasn't missing it in Washington, and I wish it had stayed away. Getting this blizzard here is not making me happy.
12. Do you know how to ice skate? I've been, I thought it was ok. Just like the roller variety I'm not very good at it.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? There have been many that I really loved. I don't think I could pick just one.
14. What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you? Family
15. What is your favorite holiday dessert? Mom's homemade cheesecake
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Having a Christmas Eve party at my Aunt's and then spending Christmas day with my family.
17. What tops your tree? A lovely harp playing angel.
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? I like getting swag of course, but giving it always good too.
19. Favorite Christmas Song? Standard carol? I love Christmas music. The version of Little Drummer Boy with Bing Crosby and David Bowie is my favorite song. My favorite carol is likely Christmas is Coming (especially the John Denver & the Muppets version)
20. Favorite flavor of Candy Canes? Icky. I don't like them in any flavor, but if I have to eat one, peppermint is the best.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home