Monday, April 03, 2006

The More Things Change....

The more they remain the same I guess.
So, much to my dismay things didn't work out like I planned at the new job. They "love me, and think I do a good job" but there's no money to hire me. So, come August I would be out of a job.
I was sharing this news with Doug and he mentioned that the old job might be looking and maybe I could get back with them. I scoffed and said that I doubted that they'd want me back and pay me what I wanted. However, I looked into it. Needless to say...I started back there today. Trying to get into the swing of things, but it seems like there won't be too sharp of a learning curve. However, I'm trying to treat it like it's all new so I don't getting any unrealistic expectations. Hopefully, they'll do the same, but since I'm already on the project plan...We'll see how it turns out.
Wish me luck. I should mention I did get more money, though not as much as I had hoped. But it is 100% remote so that will help.

4 Comments:

At 4/03/2006 04:40:00 PM, Blogger Priestess Of Nothing said...

I would have more sympathy about the money if I didn't know you were working on the couch in your underwear. :)

Seriously, though, I am glad things are looking up for you. It's going to be great. Love you!!!

 
At 4/03/2006 10:13:00 PM, Blogger girlzoot said...

Just wonderful to hear more about your life. That is the coolness to me.

 
At 4/05/2006 11:29:00 AM, Blogger LadyDragonfly said...

Thanks for the good wishes everyone. So far so good. A bit overwhelmed, but I'm working it out.
The old job gave me a box so I could vpn to them and do some work, so I'll rack up the extra $$ when I have time.

 
At 4/05/2006 11:30:00 AM, Blogger LadyDragonfly said...

Good Luck with the new job Avocet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home