Wednesday, May 31, 2006

At Long Last....


Ok, so finally getting around to the Casey Stratton Concert Review:

Here's the setlist:

Mississippi Pizza Pub - Portland, OR 5.6.06

The Hardest Part - A wonderful song and great way to start the show.
Wild Soul - This is my 2nd favorite song on the new album, and the chorus is even more haunting live.
Hollow - Love this song. Strange to hear it acoustic, but awesome.
Maybe For a Minute - Another favorite from the new album, really rocking.
Ocean - This is my favorite song from SATE.
Fake Plastic Trees - Cover of a Radiohead song. It was cool, but I'm not that familiar with the song or the band.
The Dead Sea - Love this song, he really did a great job.
You Can Have Your Freedom Back - This song makes me want to cry, very powerful.
When the End Arrives - Sounds much different live, but still great.
Shenandoah - Traditional Folk Song. Very nice. I still need to download this album.
Code - Love this song.
We Belong - Pat Benatar cover, he sang it for Scotty.
Opaline - Amazing, totally shows how wide Casey's vocal range is.
Pray For Rain - The last song sadly, but one of the best.

I got this picture taken and he autographed my CD. I hope he comes back soon. If he comes to your town, you should definitely see him.

1 Comments:

At 5/31/2006 08:17:00 PM, Blogger Priestess Of Nothing said...

I am so jealous. I hope we can find a venue for him here in Colorado!!! I would LOVE to hear Wild Soul live! WAAAH!!! :)

Love you, and I'm glad you had a good time! (smooch)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home